How many times have you caught yourself admiring another woman’s eyebrows? We’re all guilty! Nailing the perfect shape and even shade of eyebrow color will help balance your features and frame your eyes. This eyebrow shaping tutorial, created by celebrity makeup artist Belinda Moss, is sure to help you achieve the absolute perfectly shaped eyebrows for your face.
Eyebrows for Face Shape
Creating the uniquely ideal eyebrows for face shape is one of the most basic beauty rituals you can do to ensure that you look your very best. Let’s face it, learning to create perfectly shaped eyebrows your face type can be a bit tricky. Before you get started you need a plan of action. Celebrity Stylist Belinda Moss, has laid it out for you.
Getting Perfectly Shaped Eyebrow: Sculpting, Shading and Trimming
- Your unique eyebrows for face shape should begin directly above your tear duct, peak in line with the outer side of your iris, and end at a point that falls 45 degrees from the outer corner of your eye. This is an important foundation for achieving perfectly shaped eyebrows since you (likely) do not want to look like Ronald McDonald!
- If you’re eyebrows are a little long, take a clean spoolie (looks just like a mascara brush) and brush all the hairs up. Then use baby scissors, which have rounded tips to prevent you from poking yourself) and trim straight across for a polished look. Be sure not to cut too much.
- For a soft, natural look, use eye shadow rather than a pencil. Charcoal browns look best on medium skin tones, light brown for blondes and fair skin, and deep browns for dark skin tones.
- Start with an angled brush and apply the shadow in short strokes, slowly work your way out to the end of your eye. Afterwards, use the spoolie brush to “comb” out the color a little. This ensures proper blending for a natural finish. The last thing you want is for there to be a clear line of demarcation where you have applied shadow as filler.
- If you recently lightened your hair and want to take your eyebrows up a shade or two, Jolen Creme Bleach can help you quickly and gently match your eyebrows to your new shade.
Remember, your eyebrows are sisters, NOT twins, so it’s ok if they aren’t identical. For more beauty tips & inspiration like our eyebrow shaping tutorial, we invite you to visit our Beauty Book.