Some of the beauty regimens we do every day may actually be hurting more than helping. In the pursuit of getting flawless skin, many women don’t realize that they are quietly sabotaging their skincare. For more gorgeous, healthy skin, consider these “dos and don’ts” to avoid common beauty mistakes, provided by celebrity makeup artist, Belinda Moss:
1. Maintaining Eyebrows
- Don’t Wax!: Waxing facial hair not only requires a lot of maintenance, but requires that awkward regrowth stage, is painful and can actually contribute to wrinkles and skin damage.
- Do: To get flawless skin, manage facial hair more gently and pain-free.
If you’d rather remove facial hair quickly and easily, look for our new Jolen Facial Hair Remover Kit. Formulated with a unique soft scent technology, the new Jolen Facial Hair Remover Kit is the only facial hair removal product to include an easy-to-use, three-part system consisting of a skin guarding balm for pre- and post-skin protection, hair removal cream and cleanse & soothe wipes, delivering smooth, silky, hair-free skin without irritation.
Perfect for all hair types, both Jolen products are safe, gentle and effective, and take only 10 minutes or less to give lasting results for up to four weeks.
2. Always Wear Sunscreen
- Don’t Skimp on SPF!: While most foundations, moisturizers and BB creams have some sort of SPF protection in them, you’re likely not applying enough to get full, long-lasting coverage from the sun’s rays, especially in summer.
- Do: Apply a facial sunscreen. Look for a light, oil-free facial sunscreen with at least SPF 20 before applying your base makeup layers. And, don’t forget to protect your lips! Excessive sun exposure can cause natural lip color to fade. This can also be avoided by wearing lip balm with SPF on a daily basis year round, as well.
3. How Often to Exfoliate
- Don’t Scrub Too Much!: While exfoliating is thought of as a great way to slough away dead, flaky skin, it can also strip away the natural oils that moisturize the face and cause irritation.
- Do: Limit exfoliating. Use an exfoliating face wash just 2-3 times a week on alternating days and follow it up with an SPF moisturizer.
For more great tips, tricks, and tutorials on how to get your skin looking flawless, visit our Beauty Book. Or, to find Jolen beauty solutions online or in a store near you, visit our Where to Buy page.