Women of all ages experience facial hair for a variety of reasons, from pure genetics to hormone changes resulting from childbirth and menopause. When we get hair on our lips and chins, it can be embarrassing; and, unfortunately, we can’t disguise facial hair with clothing like we can for arm and leg hair.
So the question must be asked,”how to bleach facial hair?” Bleaching facial hair is one of the safest, easiest, painless and cost-effective ways of dealing with facial hair. It works especially well if your hair is on the thin side and you just need to lighten it.
Bleaching Facial Hair: Preparation
Here are some tips to keep in mind before bleaching facial hair.
- Facial skin is more sensitive than skin on other areas of the body and more prone to irritation. It also gets more sun exposure. Be sure to only use bleach created for hair on your face or body. If you have extra sensitive skin, you may want to use a mild formula.
- Always do a patch test on another area, such as an arm or leg, prior to applying the bleach directly to your face to ensure you don’t experience any adverse reactions.
- Never apply the creme near the eyes or inside the nose or ears.
- Don’t use bleach over abrasions, warts, moles, or on otherwise irritated skin.
How to Bleach Facial Hair: The Process
Follow these steps and you’ll be out the door in no time!
- Be sure all hair on your head is away from your face. Put your hair in a ponytail, wrap your hair in a towel or simply use a headband. This is important, as you don’t want to mistakenly lighten bits and pieces of the hair on your head!
- Before applying the bleach, clean your face with soap and cold water to remove any dirt, make-up and oils and pat dry.
- Mix the powder and creme with the spatula provided according to package directions.
- Apply the mixture with the spatula. When applying, cover the hair evenly and completely. Don’t rub the creme in. Leave it on for no longer than 10 minutes.
- Remove the mixture with the spatula. If hair isn’t completely bleached, reapply the mixture for another 5 to 10 minutes.
- Rinse your face with a towel dipped in lukewarm water. Apply a fragrance-free facial moisturizer to soothe any slight irritation.
Yes, It’s That Easy
Bleaching facial hair really is that easy!
To see where you can purchase Jolen Creme Bleach Original or Sensitive Skin formula, visit our Where to Buy page!