If you have extra dark or excess body hair, you may be wondering how to lighten the body hair. Lightening body hair using a bleaching creme is a fantastic alternative to other methods such as laser hair removal, waxing or shaving, all of which can be costly, painful and time-consuming.
As a well-known and reputable beauty brand with expertise in facial and body hair bleaching, we’d like to provide some information on how the process works, along with some simple steps to follow that will allow you to easily lighten body hair at home.
Lightening Body Hair: How Does it Work?
Using creme bleach to lighten body hair makes the hair appear less noticeable; the bleach works to take the pigment (color) out of the hair. While similar ingredients (like hydrogen peroxide) are used for bleaching hair on the head, the specific formulation for hair bleach used on the face and body is much gentler.
Before You Lighten Body Hair: Preparation
Here are some tips to keep in mind before lightening body hair.
- Be sure to only use bleach created for hair on your face or body. If you have extra sensitive skin, you may want to use a mild formula.
- Always do a patch test on a small area of your arm or leg prior to applying the bleach over an entire area to ensure you don’t experience any adverse reactions.
- Don’t use bleach over abrasions, warts, moles, or on otherwise irritated skin.
Steps – How to Lighten Body Hair: The Process
Follow these steps and you’ll be ready in no time!
- Before applying the bleach, clean the area with soap and cold water to remove any dirt and oils and pat dry.
- Mix the powder and creme with the spatula provided according to package directions.